Why the Iranian democratic opposition, the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), is the only viable and true Alternative in Iran?
What are the 8 characteristics of a true Alternative in Iran?
1) Organization: Sound structure and proven sustainable organizational capabilities both inside Iran and abroad, enabling it to act as the engine for change;
2) Viable Leadership: A powerful and appealing leadership capable of dealing with the ruling theocracy and able to unify the public. A leadership laser-focused on regime change in Iran;
3) Platform: An explicit platform representing the aspiration of people and consistent with international norms to lead the country forward, with clear demarcations with previous dictatorship and current theocracy;
4) Diversity: Encompassing different political tendencies and promoting the rights of different ethnicity and religious minorities in Iran. Enjoying popular support inside and outside Iran;
5) Endurance: The willingness to endure hardships and sacrifice to achieve the goal of liberating Iran; a proven record of paying the price to advance the movement forward;
6) Competence: Effectiveness in undermining the regime’s actions and positions and the ability to sustain a complex anti-government campaign (such as exposing the regime’s clandestine nuclear sites and terror network);
7) Genuine Rival to the Regime: Taken seriously by the regime because of having extensive network inside Iran that plays an active role in organizing protests while compelling the regime to constantly admit the role of the Resistance publicly and when dealing with its foreign interlocutors;
8) International Standing: Enjoying bipartisan international recognition and support, and being able to marshal worldwide pressure against the regime.
With 37 years of experience and dedication, the National Council of Resistance of Iran led by its President-elect, Maryam Rajavi, has emerged as the genuine viable alternative for a free Iran. With all of the above characteristics, the Iranian Resistance is paving a new road to democracy, freedom, peace, and prosperity for Iran.