According to reports, the UK’s Channel 4 News intends to broadcast a report on the Iranian opposition’s main group, the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) that prepares the stage for terrorist acts by the regime in Iran against Iranian refugees in Albania.
On Sunday, September 2, 2018, the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI) has warned about demonization efforts by UK ‘s Channel 4 News in a despicable deal with the clerical regime ruling Iran to broadcast a report on PMOI/MEK refugees in Albania on Monday, setting the stage for terrorist acts against the PMOI/MEK.
Addressing Channel 4 News and its editors, the NCRI’s Security and Counter-terrorism Committee raised four questions and a request regarding the Channel’s filming and production of the program on the PMOI/MEK members in Albania and sought immediate response but received no answers:
• What is the mission of the dubious filming crew; which party chose its members; and what were the considerations for their selection?
• Why the videos were recorded covertly covering the inside of the premises without the knowledge of the residents and their representatives who were easily accessible?
• Why did this team provide its photos and videos to Iran-Interlink and Khodabandeh?
• Who else were the photos and videos shared with?
• Finally, all the recordings and photographs should be returned to the representatives of the residents as soon as possible and they should not be provided to any other party.
None of the questions and requests received a reply.
“The Channel 4 News biased report, which tramples upon all the standards of journalism, is about to be broadcast at a time when the clerical regime is engulfed by all sorts of crises and nationwide protests have pushed the clerical regime to the brink of overthrown. The production of this piece by an individual who has visited Iran on a number of occasions in recent years, from where she has extensively reported, might be a necessary prerequisite and price for obtaining additional visas. It is noteworthy that in August, the Iranian regime issued visas for a six-person crew of Channel 4 to enter Iran,” according to the NCRI Statement.